We all know that spending time outdoors is good for our physical and mental health. For me, being an outdoor person, I really love to spend my time specifically at the beach because it gives me incredible feelings of peace and calmness, it reduces my stress and feelings of depression.
As a year-ender get away and as per request of my homecoming friend, Lakawon Island Resort is a perfect place to spend a day with friends. I had been to Lakawon 2 years ago and it has truly change its beauty and they have additional amenities for every tourist to enjoy with.
🚌 From Bacolod City, go to North bus terminal and ride on CADIZ bus. Travel time is an hour. Tell the driver to drop you off Martesan bus and tricycle terminal and ride a trike to Lakawon.
🚌 From Bacolod-Silay Airport, ride a taxi to North terminal and ride on Cadiz Bus.
For trike ride I would like to recommend to you Kuya Rolly Sernal (his a friend of my friend) his number is 09096919810. He can also take you back to the terminal after your day tour at the island.
How to book going to the resort
Upon arrival on Lakawon Office you have to go directly to their booking room. They have four computer units available inside the room. You need to fill up their registration form via online. Here are some details you need to input for your guidance:
- Group name
- Number of persons
- List of names in the group
- Sightseeing or overnight
- Sightseeing includes Tawhai floating bar
- Print your receipt
- Wait for your group and boat number to pop out on their screen
We traveled on an undulated late weeks of December where the eastern winds are high and while on the boat, waves really hit our faces and we get wet all over! It’s really funny that you have all set, well-dressed for a photo shoot when you arrived at the island but it gone wrong because the waves washed your outfit and crashed your plans. So I must suggest you guys sit on the back part of the boat. lol
Since we didn’t booked a cottage when we arrived at the island, we tried our luck to occupy a cottage until somebody would ask if we rented it but luckily nobody asked so we’re so fortunate to not pay P600.00 for the cottage rental.
A Tour on the Island
These were the spots that must be on your #photolist, these were only a few because I enjoy swimming more than taking photos.
- Travel early so you can take all your time exploring the beach and the Tawhai Floating Bar.
- You can bring your own food and I think there’s no corkage, but they do have a restaurant too. But if you are on a tight budget I suggest you bring your own food since the food there is quite expensive.
- Bring sunblock for your skin protection, the sun is so hot that it burned my back.
- Bring also shades and hat. If you forgot to bring don’t worry there’s small stores at the back of the registration building before you head to the boat area. Jang2x bought it for P100.00.
For day trippers, the boat service is until 5pm only.
You may also try jet ski and their beach volleyball.
- Bus Bacolod to Cadiz AC and VV – 100 x 2 = P200.00
- Trike from Martesan to Lakawon – 20 x 2 = P40.00
- Entrance Fee Lakawon – P150.00
- Boat Fee (roundtrip) – P150.00
- Tawhai Floating Bar – P250.00